Here I will explain what a favorites list is and how it will improve your experience.
What are the favorites lists?
These are lists of your favorite channels. You can create and change the lists, adding and removing channels as you wish. Your channels can be grouped into up to four lists.
- When using a favorite list, the program guide and navigation label show only the channels in the favorite list. When you use the remote control with the UP or DOWN ARROW to change channels, the receiver skips channels that are not on the list.
- The All Chan list contains all channels, including channels that are not in your current subscription. You cannot make any changes to All Chan.
- The All Sub list contains all the channels in your subscription. You cannot make any changes to All Sub, except if you change your subscription.
- The All HD list contains all the HD channels in your subscription, as well as the digital over-the-air channels if your receiver is connected to an over-the-air antenna.
- Each has a unique color in the Program Guide. You can also name each list. The four lists are named List 1, 2, 3, and 4, until you change the name of the list. The list will be empty until you add channels to them.
- If you choose a show using Themes or enter a channel number using the remote controls, the receiver tunes to the channel for that show whether that channel is active or not.
- You can include over-the-air channels in your List if there is an over-the-air antenna connected to the receiver.
Create or modify favorites lists
- You can create, add channels, and delete them. When you use only the channels in your list, they are displayed in the Program Guide and the Browsing Banner.
- Press MENU on your remote control. Select Preferences and then Favorites.
- Select the list you want to change
- Select Modify list
- Using the SELECT button, add or remove channels from the list.
- Select Done
You can name your favorites as you like, up to eight characters.
- Press Menu on your remote. Select Preferences and then select favorites.
- Select the list you want to rename.
- Select Edit name
- Enter the name you want
- Select Done
Use favorites lists
Press GUIDE to open the Program Guide. Press GUIDE again to select the next favorite list. Press GUIDE repeatedly to browse all available.
Note: GUIDE only works this way if the Guide button is selected in MENU, Preferences, Favorites, and Guide Options.
- Two lists cannot have the same name
- Pressing GUIDE to change the functions of the favorite lists only if you have added channels to the favorites, pressing GUIDE switches to the favorite list. If you have not created a favorites list, pressing GUIDE switches the receiver between All Chan, All Sub and All HD.
Why are channels missing from the Program Guide?
- You may have a list that does not contain those channels. Press GUIDE until All Chan or All Sub appears.
- You may have blocked and hidden channels.
These suggestions will help improve the user experience by allowing them to search and find what they are looking for at any time of the day.