Rapid fat loss and lean muscle tone are two things we all live for, regardless of our age, size, or shape. To achieve this loss of fat and muscle tone, there are literally hundreds of tips, exercises, and changes you can make in your daily life. The following are 5 simple dietary tips to lose fat fast and tone lean muscles.
- Eat a large and healthy breakfast. I’m not suggesting that you eat a 12,000 calorie (per day) breakfast like Michael Phelps’s, however relative to your other meals, you should eat a big breakfast every day. You’ve probably heard that breakfast is the most important meal and that’s because it’s true. Breakfast basically gets your body going for the day. Your body’s natural metabolism, energy, and fat-burning procedures kick in early in the day at breakfast time to help tone muscles and lose fat. Having a banana to go is better than skipping breakfast, but try boiling an egg and whole wheat toast tomorrow morning.
- Avoid sugary foods, unless it is earlier when you are most active. This diet tip is self explanatory. However, if you are having a snack or sugary drink, do so shortly before you are most active during the day. Many energy bars and pre-workout supplements actually contain sugar to give you short-term energy, but try to limit your total sugar intake. Eliminating just one popsicle, candy, or cookie a day can go a long way toward toning lean muscles.
- Just say no to coffee. In reality, coffee may have some minor health benefits. However, your morning latte doesn’t help your cause of rapid fat loss or lean muscle tone. You do not believe me? Check the nutrition information at your favorite coffee chain and check the calories and fat content. This should be one of the easiest dietary tips to pull off, but don’t buy it! Save those calories – and your money – for more useful and beneficial items. Substitute for healthier drinks (water) to cut calories and speed up your metabolism!
- Cut out the snacks before bed. Think about the first dietary tip in this article. Your first meal should be your most important meal. Breakfast comes before you are less active, so (surprise!) Right before bed is when you are least active and burn the fewest calories and fat. Eliminating the late-night snack before bed helps more than you think for rapid fat loss and lean muscle tone. The calories that are not burned are stored in your body and can literally turn into fat overnight.
- Take a multivitamin. For those who are already taking a multivitamin every day, this one seems like a no-brainer. Yet millions of Americans still don’t take the few seconds every day to improve their health. Allowing your body to receive all the vitamins and minerals it needs helps you build lean muscle and lose fat. Nobody eats a perfect diet. A multivitamin can help bridge the gap between what you eat and what you need to put into your body.